Thursday, September 24, 2015

Goals!

おはいようございまんす!
Japanese has a unique sound system compared to English; therefore, I will need to practice pronouncing phrases and listening (and understanding) them.

Goals:
1. Increase my speaking speed.
2. Work on pronouncing long vowels.
3. Memorize (and be able to correctly pronounce) the intonations of words.


I have a few strategies to help me get on the right track for practicing outside of class:
1. Go to しばたせんせい's office hours with questions once every two weeks.
2. Watch アニメ  or movies in Japanese and shadow a few scenes.  I'll watch some shows for kids three times a week for 20 minutes.
3. Use the Nakama's listening and speaking exercises for practice every day for 15 minutes.
4. Play video games in Japanese twice a week for 20 minutes.  This will actually help improve my reading as well since there are a few games I own that both the audio and writing can be set to either English or Japanese.
5. Go to the Japanese table at least twice a month.
Overall, I'm looking forward to this year: I can't wait until I no longer need to use translations to understand Japanese!
じゃ、また

No comments:

Post a Comment